You can delete registrant data from an individual order through the Floktu admin site.
Note that for reasons of legal compliance, the Floktu system will not allow you to delete some data, including:
- Payment information.
- The name of the person who placed the order.
- The email address of the person who placed the order.
The deletion process consists of two steps.
First (Step 1), you edit the order to remove or anonymise data stored in registration fields. After this step, the data will no longer appear in the order, but there will still be a record of the erased information in the 'attendee history' for the order.
Second (Step 2), you make a request for the 'attendee history' data to be deleted. Floktu staff will notify you once this has been done. After this step, the removed data will be completely erased from the Floktu system.
Step 1: Edit the order
Go to the order details page for the order:
- Login to the Floktu admin system.
- Go to the event the order is in.
- Click on 'Menu' and then 'Orders'.
- Find the order containing the data you want to delete.
- Click on the 'View' button for that order.
You are now in the 'Order Details' page for the order. To erase the data:
- Scroll down to the 'Registration Details' section.
- Click on the 'Edit Details' link.
- Towards the bottom of this page, you will see the form fields for any editable data.
- Find the data you want to delete, and erase or anonymise the data by clicking in the field and deleting the text (for text fields) or changing the selected data to anonymise it (for other field types).
- Note that some fields are required and you will not be able to leave the field blank. To remove this data, change the data entered to 'deleted' (for text fields), or otherwise change the selected data to anonymise it (for other field types).
- Click the 'Save' button at the bottom of the form.
Deleting registration data
The data is now removed from the order, but will still be visible in the 'attendee history' section.
Step 2: Request attendee history deletion
After following the steps in 'Step 1' above, to request the 'attendee history' be deleted for an order:
- Scroll to the top of the 'Order Details' page.
- Find the 'Order Number' at the top of the page. This looks like this: 'Order #123456'. Copy or write down the 'Order Number'.
- Find the orderer's name and email address. Copy or write down these details.
Now using your email program, send an email to email@example.com with the following message, with all order details filled in:
Please delete all attendee history for this order:
Event name: [Put the event name here]
Event ID: [Put the event ID here]
Order number: [Put order number here]
Orderer's name: [Put orderer's name here]
Orderer's email address: [Put orderer's email address here]
Floktu's support team will then process the deletion request and let you know when it's done.