The 'Shared Inventory' allows you to link ticket capacities to ensure you don't oversell the venue.
- your venue can only accomodate 100 attendees
- you have early 2 ticket types that both contribute to the the 100 max venue capacity
In this scenario, you can set up a 100 max Shared Inventory item which includes both tickets. As soon as the combined total of tickets sold for the two tickets equals a 100, both tickets will display as sold out.
To set up a Shared Inventory item, you will need to:
- login to your event
- select 'Menu' near the top right hand corner of the page
- select 'Tickets'
- select 'Settings'
- scroll down and select the 'Add Inventory Item' button
- complete all mandatory fields
- Name - so you can recognise the Shared Inventory item
- Ticket - select the tickets contained in the Shared Inventory item
- Quantity - set the max combined total sales limit for the tickets included in the Shared Inventory item
- select Save