The Floktu Check-in App is available from the Apple App Store (just search for Floktu) and can be used free of charge to check-in your attendees/registrants at your event.
Before using the Floktu Check-in App please ensure you:
- Have a stable internet connection at the venue. Ideally a private and stable wi-fi network.
Our check-in app works with public 3G/4G networks, however as the bandwidth is shared there is the possibility that it can become unstable.
- Have back-up plans.
Our check-in app has handled over 2000 attendees at one event with no issues, however things can go wrong (i.e. wi-fi fails, iPad/iPhone runs out of battery, etc.). As such you should have at least one, if possible, multiple redundancies in place in case of any issues. Following are some of the things you should have a back-up for and suggestions on what you can do:
- back-up internet connections, i.e. fallback wi-fi, 3G/4G, personal hot spot, etc.
- Excel/Paper listing of attendees/registrants
- Spare iPads/iPhones
- iPad/iPhone chargers available
- Power socket availability (preferably at the point of check-in)
- Google Spreadsheet with attendee listing
- Door Staff only check-in those with QR tickets and refer those without their QR tickets to a dedicated 'help desk' which only handles those that don't have their tickets
- Consider staggering your registrants/attendees arrival times
If you have a large number of attendees/registrants all arriving at once, this can result in large queues (dependant on the number of door staff you have). If possible, have them arrive at different times, i.e. 15-30 minute intervals, which will give your door staff time to clear the queue (if any) before the next lot of attendees/registrants arrive.
- Create a static 'gate'
- A static entry point (line in the sand), beyond which only those attendees that have presented a valid QR coded ticket and have been checked are allowed to pass through into the venue
- It is advised that your checkin staff refrain from moving into the queue to check-in attendees.
Wait for the attendees to arrive at the gate.
- You will also need to consider how you will handle pass-outs, ie when someone that has already checked into the event wants to exit and then reenter the venue. Will you be handing out wristbands for this purpose.
- Fully charge all iPads/iPhones
You cant scan if you don't have charge
- Provide training for door staff who will be using the app to check your registrants/attendees into your event.
- The Floktu check-in app is easy to use but its important that your door staff get a feel for how the check-in app QR scanner works and how to find attendees if they didn't bring their QR coded ticket with them.
- Ensure that your checkin staff are aware of all the items listed above as they are your front-line.
This is the single most important thing you can do followed by back-up planning