One of two scenarios will apply when refunding payments. Either;
Using the Floktu payment gateway.
If this applies to you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details and we will action the refund for you;
- Event URL:
- Order ID:
- Order Name:
- Refund Amount :
- Order Cancelled : Yes or No
Using your own payment gateway (i.e. you receive ticket sales directly into your account)
If this applies to you, then you will need to;
- Process the refund using your merchant systems/facility (your finance team should be able to assist with this).
Then you will need to adjust the payments in Floktu - this is how;
- Login to your event
- Select 'Orders'
- Find the Order to be refunded
- Select 'View' to the right of it
- Enter a 'Manual Payment'
- Payment Method: How was the refund processed, if known we suggest using "Other"
- Original Payment: Select from dropdown
- Payment Reference: Refund reference from your finance system (Recommended)
- Payment Amount: Negative (-) amount to be refunded (e.g. -200 if you'd like to refund $200)
- You can also issue partial refunds
- If you are wanting to cancel the order, all payments received (Payment Total) must be refunded
- Payment Date: Date refund was processed or leave as default
Then, if you wish to, you can cancel the order. This article shows you how.