You can add a background image to the banner area, to do this you will need to;
- Login to your event
- Select 'Build'
- Select 'Styles'
- Select 'Show Advanced Options' (if required)
- Scroll down until you see the 'Background Image' section
- Select "Upload" to choose an file or drag and drop an image file into the allocated space
- You should now see the image appear in the preview on the right hand side of the page in the banner area
- Select 'Save & Next' to apply changes
- There is no set size which works best for the banner background image as all images used will tile (repeat vertically and horizontally dependant on size of screen used to view your event site, i.e. mobile, tablet, desktop)
- As all images used in the banner background are tiled, it is best to use images such as these;
Images such as these work well in the banner background image due to the fact they still look professional when you repeat them, either vertically or horizontally.
You can find more images such as these here, note you may need to pay for some of them.
- If you know CSS, you can use it to customise how the banner and the banner background image is displayed, i.e. stop image tiling, center image, fix banner height, etc.